24th August 2017
Music Publishing: A Conclusion
So there you go! Those, my friends who are still with us, are the basics of music publishing. It’s long, it’s dry, it’s complicated, it’s confusing and it’s why Sentric Music exists. I’d say I’m sorry to end this blog post on a plug for our services, but come on, what did you expect me to do really?
Sentric launched in 2006 and we’ve been helping songwriters ever since. To give you the headlines; we’re an independent publisher who…
– Will register your tracks directly in over 100 territories worldwide (via all those different PROs I mentioned) to ensure you’re receiving all performance/mechanical income.
– Will account to you quarterly with transparent reports detailing every single penny, cent, dollar and euro we’ve tracked down for you including centralised global digital mechanical royalty collection via AMRA.
– Will non-exclusively push your music for sync for TV/adverts/games/movies around the world – check out http://sentric.ms for some sync examples.
– Will let you leave whenever you wish with just 28 days notice and retain your full copyright – it’s extremely artist-friendly (our lawyers think it’s too artist friendly).
– Will take 20% of any royalties we administer and upfront publishing sync fees are split 50/50 (and 85/15 on master sync fees if we’re pushing your music as ‘one-stop’ so therefore we’ll take 32.5% of any gross sync fees we license for you).
– Can also collect neighbouring rights income on behalf of the master owner (optional).
Basically, all we do at Sentric Electronic is add value. If you go and register on our site now then you’re using the same technology and infrastructure as the songwriters we represent that have sold millions worldwide. Pretty smart that, eh? And it’s free to join. Double win.
I truly hope that was useful. Go follow us over on Twitter @SentricMusic / @Pursehouse and like us on Facebook. If you’ve got any questions at all then call us on 0207 099 5991 and we’ll do our utter utmost to answer them for you.
Sentric Academy Fund Now Open
Launched to support the next generation of music creators, the Sentric Academy Fund for 2021 is now open, accepting applications…Read more
Publishing Royalties from Streaming
Back To: WTF Is Music Publishing? You’ll also be glad to hear that mechanical royalties are generated when your music…Read more